ORGANIZATIONS FEATURING |
National Crime Prevention Council
American Society for Industrial Security
North Carolina Food Dealers Association
North Carolina Association of Convenience Stores
North Carolina Petroleum Marketers Association
Texas Grocery and Convenience Association
Texas Food Industry Association
North Carolina Association of ABC Boards
Georgia Food Industry Association
North Carolina Treasury Management Association
South Carolina Treasury Management Association
North Carolina Recruiters Association
Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention
National Responsible Retailing Forum
Oregon Partnership for Substance Abuse Prevention
Connecticut Coalition to Reduce Underage Drinking
CONSULTING and SPEAKING
Areas of Expertise
Bill Alford is an expert in the field of retail Loss Prevention and management level “hands on” leadership having directed effective programs for major retail companies for the past 20 years.
The following is an example of just a few of the programs and seminars that designed to educate and provide effective tools and procedures that can be put in place immediately to positively impact your Bottom Line!
Of course, all presentations are customized to meet the needs of your organzation.
Conference of Governor's Spouses
Educational Programs and Seminars
- Internal Theft Detection and Prevention
- Retail Theft / Shoplifting ("Five Finger Discount")
- Vendor / Delivery Theft ("Taking a Little Off of the Route")
- Managing the Media in Crisis Situation ("Media-101 for Non-Media Professionals")
- Identity Fraud - ("Don't Let Lightning Strike You!")
- Contingency Planning and Disaster Recovery ("Prepare for What You Hope Never Happens")
- Workplace Violence
- Identity Theft
- Check and Credit Card Fraud
- Responsible Alcohol and Tobacco Retailing
Internal Theft Detection and Prevention|
Have you ever had a trusted long-time employee steal from you? Did you ask yourself WHY?
Companies and organizations have many tools at their disposal to make sure that their hiring decision are the "right ones". However, negative behavior from employees still occurs.
Bill has personally interviewed hundreds of "good employees" who turned "to the dark side". Their stories of rationalization, while not excusing their behavior, do provide a glimpse into human behavior. Once caught, these employees were asked "what controls need to be in place..or strengthend" to prevent others from falling into the same trap. Their answers will surprise you!
This presentation is a real-world look at human behavior with regards to the physcology of theft and other negative behavior and illistrates the "whys".
- Impact of Internal Theft
- Why Employees Steal (Understanding Behaviorand the Rationalizations)
- How They Steal (Cash, Merchandise, Products, Supplies, etc.)
- Accounting Fraud and Embezzlement
- Easy to Recognize Clues and Signs of Theft
- Prevention Techniques and How to Address Suspected Theft Behavior
- Controls and Tools to Deny Opportunity and Detect Internal Theft